Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hi there!

Welcome. My record-store memoir GUARANTEED GREAT MUSIC! was published as an e-book on Nov. 11, 2013, and is available now at Amazon.com's Kindle Store for $2.99.
The book is a close-up look at my experiences working for Boise, Idaho's four-store Musicworks record-store chain from 1979 through the end of 1981, and includes some funny record-store stories; portraits of the smart, clever, funny music fanatics I worked with; reminiscences about Good Times from Back In The Day; and stories about the good friends I hung-out with and all the stuff we were all going through back then.
I think it works pretty well as a nostalgia piece. I definitely think it's worth $2.99.

This blog is intended to celebrate the mostly-overlooked music of that time -- so much really good stuff was overlooked back in those days when Disco ruled the radio, New Wave was on the way up, and those of us who worked at The Musicworks couldn't GIVE AWAY copies of the first U2 album.
So I'll be focusing a lot on mostly-overlooked late-'70s/early-'80s musical acts like the Shoes, the Records, New England, the Tarney/Spencer Band, Group 87, Sky, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, 1994:, Holly and the Italians, Red Rider, Judie Tzuke, Sally Oldfield, Bruce Cockburn, Golden Earring, and tons more.
Now that the book has been published, I'll probably be mentioning some things I FORGOT to get into the book, and some music I somehow forgot to squeeze into the accompanying playlist/discography, RECORD STORE DAZE, which is due to be e-published in the next day or so.
Right this second, I'm just hoping people can find the book, that they read and enjoy it, and that my old friends from Back In The Day aren't too offended by seeing some of the things they did 35 years ago put on display like this. Hey, I exposed myself in public, too. In fact, I exposed myself WAY MORE...
Welcome aboard, and I'll be back soon with more....

No comments:

Post a Comment